Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tues Oct 27, 2009

Greetings to you all in the precious name of our Lord. He who is light and life.

We are so thankful for all of your prayers over the past weeks. I believe it was the prayers of the people of God that moved the last typhoon out to sea just hours before it was due to make landfall north of here. Instead, on the day that we were expecting stormy weather there were blue skies and sunny warm weather.

This weather has given the family from the assembly at Navy Base, who lost half of their home in a landslide, time to get some necessary repairs done. It will be another week or two before the work is completed but we are so thankful to the Lord for providing what was needed to get this work completed. Many of you sent gifts to help and for that we are so very thankful. Not only were materials for repair and securing this house made available but much needed food and supplies.

The recovery work is still on going in the Manila area. Some areas are still flooded a month after the first storm hit. But for the most part things are beginning to get back to normal. Much building and repairs are still needed, but things are beginning to dry out and chapels are being restored.

Last Saturday while returning from Tip Top, I began having chest pains again. These had been occurring on and off since Thursday. This time however my throat began to constrict and a cold sweat came over me. I immediately turned around and went to the ER in town. After some initial tests I was sent home.

Monday I returned to see a cardiologist who confined me in the hospital for further tests. It turns out that I have a number of heart problems at present. I had a stress test today and that confirmed some problems. I have not had a heart attack, for which I am thankful, but I have been diagnosised with Coronary Heart Disease, Arteral Fibrillation, unstable angina, and a few other things.

So, I am on rest for the time being. I am being treated with meds currently and will continue to be monitored for the next two months. Then depending on how well I respond to the medicines other courses of action will be considered.

So I would appreciate your prayers. It is very hard for me to just sit and rest. But I know it is what I must do at the present time.

In a couple of weeks, I am praying I can be back to doing some teaching. But for the time being doctors orders are for rest. So please be praying. I will try to keep you updated as I get information.

I spoke at Navy Base this past Sunday. But have cancelled my visit to Baguio Gold, due to the step climb down and back up. And others will continue the bible studies for these next couple of weeks.