Monday, March 02, 2009

Update March 2, 2009

Greetings to you all in the precious name of our wonderful Savior. Things here are going quite well, for which we thank our Lord.

The week of Special Studies down in Mololos Bulucan was fun to teach and the students were enthusiastic. There were about 28 who came out for this week of special teaching. They are all those students who in the past have completed the three year bible school at the camp, so are well versed in the scripture which made it a very enjoyable time. We taught eight hours on Servant Leadership. It seemed to be well received.

Also, during that week in the Manila area we had the next series of tests and doctors visits for Joyce and are happy to report that currently she is cancer free. We thank you all for your prayers for her.

Last Lord’s day I spoke at the assembly at Navy Base, this Sunday I was down in Baguio Gold both in the morning and afternoon. This Sunday morning I actually used three different languages in my morning message. That was a new experience. I am attempting, as the Lord allows, to use more Ilokano in my message preparation, for when I speak especially down in Baguio Gold. I prepare my message, then do some translation work, our tutor corrects it, and goes over my pronunciations, then I try to integrate it into my speaking. It is the process I used when learning Tagalog so many years ago. Thanks for praying. We, Joyce and I, were also able to greet the folks down there in both Kankanaey and Ilokano. So we actually used four different languages to communicate with the saints yesterday. My mind is tired just thinking about it.

In the afternoon we began our third session of bible school with the saints in Baguio Gold. This session we are studying chapters 7-9 of Hebrews. Yesterday we were “considering how great” the man Melchizedek was. It was fun to once again consider the wonderful types and antitypes we see in these most enlightening chapters. We had two hours of study yesterday and have another 8 needed to complete this session.

The regular weekly studies are going well. Last Thursday night we looked at the second prayer of Paul in Ephesians chapter 3, as we work our way through that wonderful book.

We are planning to schedule surgery for Larnni in April. Thank you for praying for her. We are praying the upcoming surgery will restore her voice.

Thank you all again for your prayers.